18-24 Hours Prior to Session
- shave 24 hrs before your appointment
- It is important to exfoliate with gentle spa grade exfoliants.
- If you do not have a suitable body scrub, it is recommended to use shampoo and a loofah for the exfoliation process.
Day of Session
- Do not apply deodorant, perfume, body oils or moisturizer to skin as this can create an uneven tan.
- Wear dark, loose-fitting cotton clothing and flip flops to your
spray tanning appointment to avoid visual rub off or staining of your
After Session Care
- Avoid any activity that would cause sweating. Contact with water or
sweat could result in lines or uneven tanning.
- If you choose to sleep in your spray tan, wear a long sleeve cotton
shirt and long cotton bottoms.
- The life of your spray tan depends on how well you take care of your
skin. It is important to always pat dry when exiting the shower.
- Moisturizing twice a day with a tan extender lotion (Sjolie Tan
Extender) can add 2-3 days to the life of your tan.
- It is also important to use a gentle non-acidic body wash to avoid
stripping your tan.
- The following products have been shown to reduce the duration and
quality of your sunless tan: anti-aging, acne products, and bar soap.
- If at all possible, you should try to avoid contact with chlorine.
This can lead to premature fading of a spray tan.